- Organization Financing
- Product Sourcing & Design
- Social Impact
How to make products affordable to poor customers?
- Upfront Cost: Many products are too expensive to purchase, even though customers would save money in the long-term.
- Ongoing Cost: Many products have training and maintenance costs.
5 Affordability Models we identified
- Selling low-cost products that are purchased upfront
- Enterprise covers upfront costs itself, using in-house financing to let customers pay on credit or through ongoing fees
- Helping customers access financing from partner banks or microfinance institutions
- Getting costs subsidized by donors or wealthier customers
- Enterprise sells to institutions or companies (B2B sales), who use energy products/services to benefit BOP populations.
Enterprise ListFor a comprehensive list of enterprises featured on this map, please click here.