- Community-Level Power Products
- Off-Grid Lighting & Electricity Products
- Self-Sufficient Portables
- Solar Home Systems
- SSPs are generally powered by a solar panel which is attachable by a cord. Some have extensions which allow users to charge a mobile phone, either from the light’s battery or directly off the phone.
- Some SSPs also allow users to charge from the grid if they have access.
- Because they incorporate a solar panel, SSPs often have a high up-front cost, but in the long-term they are much cheaper than kerosene.
Task and Ambient light assembled by local community members using the Barefoot College solar technician training methodology.
Moonlight solar portable
Locally assembled solar lamp to replace kerosene. Lamp is waterproof and solar panel is detachable so panel can be charged outside and lamp can be locked safely indoors while farmer is in the fields.
Solar Light Kit
Modular solar light kit with panel, light, charger, and battery pack sold separately
THRIVE Energy Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
India, East Africa, Afghanistan
Single or multiple LEDs in desklamp, rechargeable battery inside, charged by a 1W solar panel
Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda
Bright LED- ceiling mounted, charged by 2W solar Panel, 65x brighter than kerosene
44 countries, including Haiti, Nigeria, Mozambique, Vanuatu, Pakistan, Colombia, and China.
Portable light with detachable solar panel and mobile phone charging capacity
Sub-Saharan Africa, India, over 20 countries worldwide
Portable light with detachable solar panel and 6 connectors for different phone types
Lumen Hours over 5 years (10,000s)
5 year Cost (US$)
|Avani Lantern R||21.9||$59.53|
|ToughStuff Solar Light Kit||32.85||$45|
|Angaza Solite 1||146||$65|
|d.light design S250||183.96||~$50-65|
|Barefoot Power Firefly||18.25||$49.17|
Enterprise ListFor a comprehensive list of enterprises featured on this map, please click here.